If you landed on this page, you almost certainly are here because you did a google search for “John Carter Sequel”, or “John Carter 2″, or something of that nature. The good news — you are not alone! This page gets an average of 500 visits per day from people searching for news about a John Carter Sequel. Plus there are all of the following:
- The Back to Barsoom Facebook Group who is lobbying for a sequel and has almost 12,000 members.
- A Change.org Petition to Disney — Please visit and add your name to it!
- Two Facebook Pages by Fans Lobbying for a Sequel — https://facebook.com/JohnCarterBacktoBarsoomTheSequelCampaign and https://facebook.com/BacktoBarsoom (please stop by and LIKE each of them)
- The John Carter Files with over 6 Million Visitors to date. (You are currently on one page of that site.)
- An Amazon Best-Selling Book, John Carter and the Gods of Hollywood, (4.3 out of 5 star rating on 150 reviews) telling the complete behind the scenes story of what really happened with Disney’s production and release of John Carter. (I should also note that I wrote it.)
What is the Proof Positive That John Carter Continues to Gain New Fans Every Day?
As it turns out, here on The John Carter Files we have some posts, like this one, where we have cleverly embedded the search keywords john carter sequel and john carter 2 and because Mr. Google thinks we’re a pretty reliable source for information about John Carter (6M visitors, remember), we now have a situation where a lot of the people (not all, by any means) who are searching those terms land here.
Here, for example, are the stats for today, May 3, 2013 — a year after John Carter had finished its theatrical run. The page you are on is the one at the top – the one with 617 views. So — YOU ARE NOT ALONE in wanting a John Carter Sequel.
What Can Each Fan Do To Help?
You can definitely help the cause for a John Carter Sequel — and have fun doing it. Here is our Top 10 list of things to do to help:
1. Sign the Change.org Petition to Disney
2. Join the Facebook Group at https://facebook.com/groups/BacktoBarsoom
3. Like both of these pages: https://facebook.com/JohnCarterBacktoBarsoomTheSequelCampaign and https://facebook.com/BacktoBarsoom
4. Share this page to Facebook (use the share button on the top right!)
5. Rate and Review John Carter at Amazon — Amazon John Carter Page (can be as few as 20 words)
6. Rate and Review John Carter at Internet Movie Data Base
7. Rate and Review John Carter at Rotten Tomatoes
8. Tweet using #johncarter and #johncartersequel
9. Send a letter to Alan Horne, Chairman, Disney Studios, 500 South Buena Vista St., Burbank, CA 91521
10. Leave a comment here, at the bottom of this page.